[plug] Rewinding word documents

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Mar 18 10:48:42 WST 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Steve Baker wrote:

> My experience with Star Office is limited, can you tell me if it is at least
> as stable as Word?

My experience of Star Office 5.2, is that it is far more stable and far
more reliable than WinWord6.0 and WinWord97. It may not have all of the
functionality, of WinWord97 but what it does have, works better,
expecially things like automatic paragraph numbering, etc. However, the
document properties information, which can be printed, does not include as
much information as WinWord 97, such as who last modified the document
(from memory), or, how long the work on modifying (creating and
editing) the document has taken, so it may be that it is not as useful,
for a legal firm.

Basically, I definitely prefer using Star Office Writer as a word
processor, to WinWord.

--
Bret Busby

 you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought,
   Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988