[plug] removeable media backup drives

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Mon Mar 18 11:39:19 WST 2002

Hey all,

I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a tape/dat/removeable media
drive that is fairly large in capacity.  Looking at something that holds at
least 30Gb preferably, as the machine it will be backing up has a maximum
storage capacity of 80Gb.  At the moment the disk usage on the machine is
about 25Gb, which over time will grow.  I don't mind having to use a couple
of tapes to do a full backup and I would prefer not to use compression.  Of
course the drive has to work under Linux :).

Money is definetly a large restraint, could anyone make any recommendations
on a suitable drive that is not overly expensive?

TIA :)

Regards,

Ben