OpenOffice.org was: [plug] Angels in the centerfold

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Mar 18 13:11:28 WST 2002

> > OpenOffice.org Marketing Communications & Information Director
> > Australia/New Zealand
> > (www.openoffice.org)
>
>Ooooh! (-:

I'm a little non-plussed by the title that I have been assigned by the
OpenOffice.org marketing project team. I took a deep breath last week and
started to use it as described. It essentially means that I am the point
person or contact for enquiries relation to OpenOffice.org :)

OpenOffice.org is an exciting open source project in which to be involved.
Not being a programmer or interested in computer hardware (I get to play
with electronics bits in my work), I decided to become a contributor to the
OpenOffice.org project. I started with documentation, got drawn into
marketing, and now Q&A.

Currently, OpenOffice.org is being shown at CEBIT, Hannover. We are sharing
Sun Microsystems' booth where they are demonstrating StarOffice 6.0. There
has been considerable interest in OpenOffice.org, even tho' we don't have
CDs to give away and we currently only have the English version loaded
(there is a German version). The StarOffice 6.0 CDs that Sun are giving
away are a time-out demo, pending the release of StarOffice 6.0. The goss
from the Sun booth, is that StarOffice will probably retail for less than
100 Euros.

OK, putting my OpenOffice.org Marketing Communications & Information
Director's hat on here, are there any PLUGgers that would be interested in
completing an online survey or questionnaire related to OpenOffice.org ?
Please contact me offlist if you would like to participate.

I am excited to be part of the OpenOffice.org global marketing team. There
is an engineering team too, and I think this project demonstrates how both
engineering and marketing co-exists to make the product a success - even in
open source projects.

All the best
Jacqueline
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/