[plug] Debian mirrors

Andrew Howell andrew at belzedar.leederville.it.net.au
Tue Mar 19 09:24:00 WST 2002

Which is faster for you?

I would have thought it would be better for WA people to use WA mirrors
unless there are really good reasons not to.

ftp.au.debian.org maybe more up to date at times as it is a primary push
mirror.

http://ftp.wa.au.debian.org/ is also on WAIX and we provide http, ftp and
rsync access :) as well as having CD images, and we're a push mirror.

You could try using 'netselect' (debian package)

It tells you what the fastest mirror is for you.

'netselect -vv ftp.au.debian.org ftp.wa.au.debian.org ftp.uwa.edu.au'

Andrew

--
Andrew Howell
Managing Director