[plug] Debian mirrors

bob bob at contact.omen.com.au
Tue Mar 19 10:46:03 WST 2002

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:24, Andrew Howell wrote:
> Which is faster for you?

Through a dial up? Can't see much difference :).

> I would have thought it would be better for WA people to use WA mirrors
> unless there are really good reasons not to.
>
> ftp.au.debian.org maybe more up to date at times as it is a primary push
> mirror.

Good point, thanks.

> http://ftp.wa.au.debian.org/ is also on WAIX and we provide http, ftp and
> rsync access :) as well as having CD images, and we're a push mirror.

Good oh. Somewhere else to go looking. ( anyone know if there's a map of
recourses for WAIX that is up to date and [semi] complete?)

> You could try using 'netselect' (debian package)
>
> It tells you what the fastest mirror is for you.
>
> 'netselect -vv ftp.au.debian.org ftp.wa.au.debian.org ftp.uwa.edu.au'

Cool !  new toy  :).

Ok. ftp.wa.au.debian.org wins ( rates 266 vs uwa's 374 )

Thanks :).

--
Go out and tell a lie that will make the whole family proud of you.
		-- Cadmus, to Pentheus, in "The Bacchae" by Euripides