[plug] dumb Perl Q

Sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Wed Mar 20 16:49:35 WST 2002

I've recently been working with digital photos for the first time and
having spent several hours changing the resolution of 100s of jpegs I
realized I'd been doing it wrong. A hunt on the internet helped me come
across a Perl script that uses Imagemagick to make thumbnails out of
jpegs a whole directory at a time. The problem is I don't know the first
thing about how Perl works!
All I need to know though is how to "install" the script. The page gave
instructions on how to run the script but assumed a knowledge of Perl.
Do I save it in /usr/local/src (Or somewhere else)?
Do I need to compile the source using some sort of compiler (like gcc
but for perl)?

This really could make things way easy. If only my little, pea brain
knew how. [:-[]

thanks,
sol