[plug] dumb Perl Q

Trent Lloyd trentlloyd at iprimus.com.au
Wed Mar 20 17:08:53 WST 2002

At 04:49 PM 20/03/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>I've recently been working with digital photos for the first time and
>having spent several hours changing the resolution of 100s of jpegs I
>realized I'd been doing it wrong. A hunt on the internet helped me come
>across a Perl script that uses Imagemagick to make thumbnails out of jpegs
>a whole directory at a time. The problem is I don't know the first thing
>about how Perl works!
>All I need to know though is how to "install" the script. The page gave
>instructions on how to run the script but assumed a knowledge of Perl.
>Do I save it in /usr/local/src (Or somewhere else)?ahh this is rather simple
you can save it where you like

depending on your systyem

./perlscript.pl might be fine, or you may need to do chmox u+x perlscript.pl

if all else fails type
"perl -w perlscript.pl"
i think its -w
>Do I need to compile the source using some sort of compiler (like gcc but
>for perl)?

perl isnt compiled, its a runtime script

>This really could make things way easy. If only my little, pea brain knew
>how. [:-[]

we all gota learn one day

>thanks,
>sol

Trent Lloyd

Associations:
http://www.variantrealities.com/ - Realise your dreams
http://www.plug.org.au/ - Perth Linux Users Group
http://www.irc-desk.net/ - Your IRC Resource

Key Fingerprint: (I'll get it sometime)
*-* If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem *-*