[plug] dumb Perl Q

Richard Henry r.henry at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Mar 20 17:12:28 WST 2002

You don't install perl scripts, you just run them.

Assuming the perl executable is located at /usr/bin/perl, you would run the
script like this:

1) Go into the directory your script is in (it can be anywhere, your home
dir, whatever).

2) Make sure the first line in the script points to your perl executable,
eg:

      #!/usr/bin/perl                (in this case)

3) Make the script executable

      chmod +x myScriptName

4) Run the script

      ./myScriptName <whatever arguments you need to pass it>

Done.
Rich.