[plug] Java Microchips

Jonathon Bates batesy at batesy.net
Wed Mar 20 23:15:39 WST 2002

> My brother bought an ibutton a few years ago. I think his plugged into the
> parallel port. He still hasn't figured out anything to use it for except to
> keep on his keyring to show people.
> What're you planning to use it for?

Ok the ibutton isnt what I was looking at. Check out their TINI thing. For
some reason I cant access www.ibutton.com as something is screwed with my
static IP (not my firewall, or squid or anything). God knows.

Anyway back to the main point. I want to have a kettle plugged with an
ethernet connection. Basically it needs to have a chip that uses the
JAVA api (which apparantly TINI does). Im planning on removing the
physical switch and having the controller look after this part of things.
So when a connection on a particular port is made to the kettle, teh
kettle starts and boils.....
With me?
Obviously this is simple, but the further applications are immense

Cheers
batesy