[plug] Gvim and vim-gtk in woody

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu Mar 21 11:38:53 WST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 09:47:40AM +0800, Wilson, Anthony wrote:
> I installed vim, and then vim-gtk once I noticed that gvim was not there.
> However, typing vim -g or gvim simply starts up vim with syntax higlighting
> etc. turned on, in a console with no GUI.

Congratulations, you're one of the "lucky" people who are affected by
this bug:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=119808&repeatmerged=yes

It doesn't seem to cause problems for most people, so I'm sure the
maintainer (Wichert Akkerman) would be most appreciative of any
information you might be able to give him about your setup.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Be a part of the Open Source
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | Community, not the Open Source