[plug] getting burnt

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Mar 25 10:47:04 WST 2002

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Bernard Blackham wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 04:09:25PM +0800, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> > Can anybody with knowledge of CD burning tell me how to be rid of
> > the ";1" silently appended to the end of filenames on a CD-ROM? Only

I think the ISO9660 says that filenames are 8.3, ALWAYS with a version
number.
But rock-ridge and/or joliet allow long filenames and everybody ignores
version numbers. Correct?

> I've solved it. The -N option for mkisofs omits versioning

This is a nasty hack that breaks the standard. Beware.

--
"The human race is faced with a cruel choice - work or daytime
television" -- Dave Barry