[plug] OO not so good ...

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu May 2 05:37:45 WST 2002

Well, just loaded up OO 1.0 and have gone back to an old problem.  The
native "times" font will not display quotes and similar characters in
many undefined cases - that is, some documents work and not others, and
the same document will be OK in one identical install and faulty in
another.  This is display only, docs print OK (have not tested this yet
here).  I am aware of font replacement and that is not the issue (it
also only works intermittantly!)

Adding all the standard windows faults and using Times New Roman fixed
the problem on the previous version (642), but not on 1.0!  I'll do an
install later today on my laptop and hope that is better.

Not impressed so far, glad I kept the older version.

Also, is it possible to transfer old config files across to the new
version, or is that risky?  - suppose that one should go to the OO
lists...

BillK