[plug] OO not so good ...

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu May 2 07:55:34 WST 2002

Hi Bill

I'm sorry that you were quickly disappointed with your new version of OOo.

Wrt to your specific problem with the Times and Times New Roman fonts, is
this your workaround ? I have had the opposite experience, i.e. a yippee,
my documents are displaying nicely, heaps better than 641D, and without
tweaking anything.

Much has changed since 641D, so carrying over stuff from previous versions
is probably best avoided. Which config files ? Also, I'm quickly finding
out that I cannot assume which platform, so that is may other question.
Windows, Linux (Intel, PPC), Solaris ?

Bill are you subscribed to the OOo lists so that you can seek further
assistance ? If not, I'm happy to post your question for you. Also, I am
happy to assist other PLUG members in this way, but if you need another
Open Source project, please register and contribute, we would love to have
you :)

Fonts are a vexing problem, particularly in a product that is
cross-platform. I am hoping to get my documents looking the same on
Windows, Linux and Solaris :)

PLUGgers keep me on my toes with quite different questions from other
groups :) The main one at the moment, is your site (openoffice.org) is
broken, and where can I find online training ?

Thank you for sharing all your OpenOffice.org experiences.

All the best
Jacqueline
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)