[plug] Linux ver Windows in Program development

David White tadewhite at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 2 14:29:40 WST 2002

Hi all. I have a odd situation here. My dad develops Software in FORTRAN
that has to run on W2k for Alcoa. He has a W2k box and a emergency backup
WinNT4 Box. He would like to use Linux as his primary OS but is constanly
compiling and testong his programs. Is there some way that he can do all
this under linux and when a version compilation is needed then can boot
into W2k and compile the windows version without changing anything. He
needs a windows api for his program and if anybody has infomation on 1) a
linux version of the Windows api that is exactly the same. 2) A fortran
compiler that is later than g77

Tim