[plug] Linux ver Windows in Program development

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu May 2 19:59:04 WST 2002

On Thursday 02 May 2002 14:29, David White wrote:
> Hi all. I have a odd situation here. My dad develops Software in FORTRAN
> that has to run on W2k for Alcoa. He has a W2k box and a emergency backup
> WinNT4 Box. He would like to use Linux as his primary OS but is constanly
> compiling and testong his programs. Is there some way that he can do all
> this under linux and when a version compilation is needed then can boot
> into W2k and compile the windows version without changing anything. He
> needs a windows api for his program and if anybody has infomation on 1) a
> linux version of the Windows api that is exactly the same. 2) A fortran
> compiler that is later than g77

Well... here's a dump of what happened to be installed on my box that was
ForTran related. I know that g77 has a later incarnation, successor, or
something like that, but have no details to hand. Certainly the g77 that
relates to gcc 3.0 will be more advanced.

It's well worth doing a search for `fortran' on http://freshmeat.net/ too.