[plug] Questions for information

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Sat May 4 22:48:25 WST 2002

Hi James,

1. You'll need to check who the file is owned by, if you do this at the
command prompt:

ls -l

If you're not the owner of the file you'll have to use chown to change
the ownership of the file. eg if you're username is james you'd need to
do this:

chown james:james [insert file name here]

but if you're not the owner of the file you'll get this message -
chown: [insert file name here]: invalid user
You'll need to be root to run chown.

Question two's already been covered by Cameron :)

Cheers

Kai