[plug] Questions for information

Richard wpickett at iprimus.com.au
Sun May 5 13:42:15 WST 2002

On Saturday 04 May 2002 10:15 pm, James Elliott wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Here are a couple of questions I have been agonising over all day - I would
> be obliged if any of you can help by explaining them to me.
>
> 1.  How can you have permission to modify a file that you cannot delete.
>
> 2.  This command copies the contents of a file called "answers" into
> another file called "answers#2", but why? - how does it work?
>       $  > answers#2 < answers cat
>
> Hope you can help...
>
> Kind regards,
>
> James Elliott

More of a question in a similar vain than a response (hope you don't mind
James :)...I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why sometimes a
script or executable can be run simply by entering it's name (while in the
same dir) and yet another has to have it's complete address to run (once
again, even when in the same dir).