[plug] suggestion: PLUG 4 Schools

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Mon May 6 13:57:32 WST 2002

<BIG SNIP>

> Now i hope this is an extreme case (actually i really hope it isn't
> true), but maybe a school like that could be a great place to start. You
> have no infrastructure to replace, no system for staff to move from.
> Just an empty space waiting to be filled.

The only way that you could get something like this working, is to set
some standards before you start work. Yes this would mean that everybody
would have to compromise for the greater good. The benefits would be
that anybody who wanted to get involved, would know exactly how the
system was configured. So we could have an army of "ants" providing the
support.

If every machine was configured according to the installers fancy on the
day, it would never work.

Alex