[plug] Disk access monitor

bob bob at contact.omen.com.au
Mon May 6 17:44:09 WST 2002

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 16:34, Steve Grasso wrote:
> bob,
>
> /sbin/fuser -vm /mount/mount/you/are/interested/in
>
> man fuser
>
> Regards,
> Steve

Useful tool. Thanks :).

fuser seems to only do an "instantaneous" snapshot of file use and as
the process is writing every 6 secs or so I think I'd have to be v lucky
to catch it at work (or maybe I'm not getting the man :). Having said
that though I think I've been able to nail it using find -cmin. Looks
like its a log splitter doing some house cleaning a bit aggressively,
I'll hunt down how its config'd and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for replying anyway :).

--
bob
Cave canem...te necet lingendo.