[plug] Questions

chris choypoy at bigpond.net.au
Mon May 6 22:09:55 WST 2002

 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and /etc/sysconfig/network
are pretty much the linux equivalent of right-click on
network-neighbourhood for all you windows junkies..

ifconfig is a good tool to quickly check current configuration, and
netconf is again another fairly easy interface to deal with it.

I think dealing with the sysconfig files is probably the easiest to
simply do something once and just forget about it .. although it
probably pays to read up on some of the options for that time when you
need to get online in order to read more documentation.. half the time I
think you are so much better off just knowing everything you need in
order to get online so you can get to www.google.com :)

Chris