[plug] Schools

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Tue May 7 10:29:34 WST 2002

I look after 5 schools with regard to supplying equipment, setting up
networks, and general maintenance and support.  I am going to:

1.  see each Principal or approprate teacher
2.  briefly put the case for Linux (wrt virus, free, non-commercial, etc)
3.  put the case agains Microsoft (monopoly which dictates terms etc)
4.  offer to set up one or two machines (out of, tyically 15, with Linux and
Star Office and ask the teachers to trial Linux vs Microsoft, as a soft way
of breaking the ice and hoping they will accept the idea of change.

I will let you know how I get on.

James Elliott
Ravensthorpe Computers
ABN 34 305 232 710