[plug] OT: DLS-300 ADSL modem

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri May 10 11:45:16 WST 2002

Craig Foster wrote:
> Yay, dumb Windows admins paying for forwarded netbeui traffic - LOL

You know, I never even thought of that, as on day one I configured our
firewall to block all that crap, as well as all the appletalk over
tcp/ip garbage, both in and out.

I expect the ISP would filter it out at the gateway and not charge for
it, same way most wouldn't charge for ICMP and DHCP traffic host<->gw .
OTOH telstra may force them to "pass on costs".

--
Craig Ringer                                IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/