[plug] [OT] Cancer support website

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun May 12 08:46:59 WST 2002

Hi Leon

Computer Angels were successful in a small grant from the Colorectal
Project, Cancer Foundation of WA to allow us to participate in the
Australia's Biggest Morning Tea (ABMT). The plan is/was to visit the Cancer
Foundation of WA web site as a launching pad to other useful sites. We
obtained the grant as the purpose of the morning tea is to show people how
to access bowel cancer information on the Internet. You may be aware, that
many people, when diagnosed with cancer go off on a fact finding mission.

Fortunately or unfortunately I did not design the www.cancerwa.asn.au web
site. I have carefully collected the errors and omissions discussed here
and offlist to send to the Cancer Foundation's web site development people,
in the hope that they may be able to fix them before the day.

For the ABMT and World Telecommunication Day, the main objective is to
access the Internet. Most visitors will be not concerned that it is Linux
as opposed to another OS, just that they are using a computer and accessing
the Internet. They will be shown how to enter an URL/Location/web address,
reload/refresh, stop, forward and backward and to follow links displayed on
the web page and so on. These skills are portable :)

Thanks again for your assistance.

All the best
Jacqueline
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)