[plug] wine & crossover office

Mark marks at omninet.net.au
Sun May 12 12:26:53 WST 2002

I was wondering if any one on the list has anything to report
on the CodeWeavers product CrossXOver Office. Good or Bad?

They don't offer a demo and I'm reluctant to spend a hundred bucks
to see if it works. Their reviews are a bit light weight and don't
mention printing at all.

I am still looking for a solution to allow my partner use of
Windows Office apps at home without running a windows box.

Tech at  her school has ruled out running OO any time during his tenure.

She can use Office 2000 apps at home under the schools licensing
arrangements.

I don't have a full product license for any version of windows so
 running it in win4lin or VMware is out. Legally at any rate.

In fact running windows on any hardware I own at present emulator or
actual  would be out according to MS licensing people. Since all of
the several OEM licenses I have are no longer valid.

CrossOver Office would be a very elegant solution no need to run or
own windows at all. Which would suit me fine.

Mark