[plug] HDD plea

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon May 13 15:30:58 WST 2002

PLUGers

Computer Angels have received a heap of nice machines from a donor. 133/200 32Mb
Pentiums. This is good.

An enthusiastic IT person at donor felt the best protection for donor secrets
was to put a screwdriver through all of the hard disks; 2.2Gb mainly. This is
bad .. and sad. We go to much trouble to quarantine and wipe the hard disks
(they don't get looked at) and we promised the donor that next time we will do
the wipe at their premises. Until that "next time" ..

Does anyone have IDE hard disks 500Mb and above, that they know are operating
reliably that can be donated ?

Important: Dodgy ones will slow us down at the moment and will be a confusing
hinderance. If you pulled and shelved a hard drive because it was suspect,
please keep these ones for your own fun :)

What can we offer in return ? A personally signed thank you letter and a warm
inner glow from the difference you've made :-)

Thanks
Harry