[plug] K-word

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Tue May 14 00:10:18 WST 2002

I am never going to trust K-Word again.

This is the second time it has frozen my computer completely – I thought
only Windows was meant to do that, but it seems that Linux and K-Word are a
deadly combination .... didn’t just crash K-Word, there was no mouse
pointer; no response to keyboard or to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and I had to
eventually press the Reset button on my computer case.

The other thing K-Word does on an all too regular basis is to crash itself,
thus losing to the user all unsaved  material in the document being typed.

Maybe I have only got the beta version of K-Word which came with Red Hat 7.1
(Red Hat 7.2 did it too, if I remember correctly) and should be downloading
heaps of patches.  I would be obliged if anyone who has had similar
experiences and knows what is wrong with  K-Word could advise me.

Well back to typing up my assignment .... but in StarOffice this time!

Regards,

James Elliott