[plug] K-word

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Wed May 15 20:27:09 WST 2002

When I bought Borland C++ Builder 3 a couple of years ago it would not run
on my computer.  After much correspondence with C++ (RichPlum) developers in
the UK and Borland we tracked the problem down to the way the S3 video card
handled data tranfers.

By detuning the card (in Windows) by turning the accelleration off, the
sftware then worked.  Another way of getting it to work was to reduce the
screen to 16 colours, but that made some of the components hard to see.

It has convinced me to try Matrox in my upgrade  (is S3 still around?)

Kind regards,

James Elliott
Ravensthorpe Computers
ABN 34 305 232 710