[plug] Anthony

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Wed May 15 23:14:05 WST 2002

Hi Anthony

You wrote: " Just buy an extra network card, use crossover cables and set up
IP masquerade on the middle machine."

I am interested because I have one machine with 2 NIC's and another with one
NIC.
The two machines are connected together with a crossover cable.
The spare NIC on one machine is connected to a D-Link gateway.

The machine with two NIC's has Internet access via the gateway, but ....
1.   cannot "see" the other machine, and ...
2.  the other machine cannot see anything, computer or internet....

So how do you set  up this IP masquerade?

Complete instructions in words of few syllables would be very much
appreciated as I am new to Linux.

Kind regards

James Elliott
Ravensthorpe Computers