[plug] Read this and wonder out loud, PLUGers

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu May 16 23:26:27 WST 2002

Microsoft, Victorian Govt sign AU$80 million deal

By Stephen Withers, ZDNet Australia

The Victorian Government and Microsoft have hooked up to a four-year AU$80
million contract, that will see the software giant create a AU$5 million R&D
fund to be thrown back into the area.

The contract will aggregate the government's Microsoft desktop software
licences. "This will result in a saving to Victorian taxpayers of more than
AU$19 million on the retail value of desktop software," said the Minister for
Information and Communication Technology, Marsha Thomson.

More:

http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/enterprise/story/0,2000025001,20265283,00.htm

May I suggest a comment or 300 on the page for this article ? It'll only take a
minute. I think Marsha deserves a letter as well.

I wonder what "thrown back into the area" means ? Might it be assistance with
dot net at the unis ?

Harry