[plug] Read this and wonder out loud, PLUGers

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri May 17 14:19:47 WST 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002 09:21:37 +0800 Leon Brooks <leon at brooks.fdns.net> wrote:

> On Friday 17 May 2002 08:23, Leon Brooks wrote:

> I did like Harry's mention of OOo _repairing_ Office files. (-:

That first came from your discussions, Leon, about the crud that remains in Werd
docs and how (at that stage) Star Office fixed the files with a good hose out.

Since then their have been many stories on lists about OOo recovering nearly
finished PhD docs amoungst others. Werd couldn't load the file, loads fine in
OOo, edits fine in OOo, prints fine in OOo, saves fine in OOo, saved file then
opens in Werd.

OOo, that choice is nay rocket science, capt'n :-)

Harry