[plug] default brower question

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Fri May 17 20:41:19 WST 2002

To make it default for .HTML:
(I'm using KDE, but perhaps it is same in other desktop environments:)
-Right-Click a HTML-File
-Choose "Open With"
-Select Opera, and make sure to enable "Remember association"

I know you are using Redhat, but in case someone else has the same problem
in Mandrake, here is how it works for me in Mandrake:

Open the Control center (i'm assuming you're using kde).  go to file
Browsing, then file associations, then select text category on the right.
There click on html.  I have listed only one (konqueror) but you can add
one then move it to the top of the list.  I think there are also settings
for each program that allows you to select a different program to open
links.