[plug] Setting up Mandrake 8.1 on a PC

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Fri May 17 19:43:55 WST 2002

The "safest way" is to buy an inexpensive second hard drive.  It doesn't
have to be huge.
Then you can ensure your windows disk data stays intact.
If you have allready set aside a partition for Linux, the Mandrake install
is very easy and when you get to the part about setting up your partitions,
you just select that partition and follow the prompts.  I have a Mandrake
8.1 system and have done both ways.  Mandrake was very easy to install.

Here is a link to a Mandrake 8.0 newbie install document.  It did not change
much in mdk8.1

http://www.littlewhitedog.com/download_file.asp?download_file=images/reviews
/other/00020/installingmandrake8.zip

Good luck