[plug] losing dialup connection

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Mon May 20 20:26:32 WST 2002

Hya Jon,

Add these to your "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0" file.

PERSIST=yes	#to redail on disconnect
DEFROUTE=yes	#to add to your route table

If you don't have these in then it maybe a good idea to add it;

PEERDNS=no	#stop it from adding/overwritting stuff in you /etc/resolv.conf
ONBOOT=yes	#self explanitary

Hope this helps...

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */