[plug] losing dialup connection

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue May 21 13:44:42 WST 2002

> I keep losing my connection to our office linux gateway server.

shouldn't be happening. You might consider bugging Telstra to come out
and test your phone line quality, they might even do it...

Also check /var/log/syslog (or perhaps /var/log/messages under
rpm/rhbased distros) for error messages from pppd when it dies. If its a
  "died with SIGHUP" or something, you've probably got line problems or
a misconfigured server.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is.