[plug] Professional Linux Organisation

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Tue May 21 19:27:37 WST 2002

> What about those of us that dream of exchanging Linux work for money some
> day, can we listen in and take notes :-)

Yes, but remember the following is likely ..

> > I think the membership would be much pricier than PLUG

Possible scenario such as the following:
I run a small IT consultancy using/advocating Linux.  If I get a job (or
want to try for a job) too big for me and my resources to handle, I'd go to
this association and use it as a pre-qualified resource pool from which to
sub-contract, etc.

PLUG is the place where members like this can voluntarily contribute, not
trawl for business so stepping a commercial entities into the background of
PLUG to communicate amongst themselves and still contribute to PLUG seems
most logical.

- Brian.