[plug] How to determine CPU Types for kernel rebuilds

garry garbuck at tpg.com.au
Wed May 22 13:24:53 WST 2002

Frommemory, I think there was a problem with RH compiling the
2.4.9kernel.. Can't remember if it was a dodgy compiler or kernel
source, but it might help you with your difficulties..

Kernels are up to 2.4 dot 18 or dot 19 now. Live dangerously.

Anyone remember the exact issue there with RH and its default kernel?

Regards

Garry.