[plug] operating multiple e-mail clients

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Thu May 23 21:21:57 WST 2002

I may have misunderstood, but I think that when kmail 'goes into'
/home/daniel/Mail/
it's getting the mail from there.  kmail itself (ie, the executable) is
in /usr/bin on my system, YMMV.  kmail probably writes a file to your
home directory (or maybe creates a directory for config files), but this
will be separate to ~daniel/Mail.

You should be able to fire up any client, and have any of them look at
the same mailbox.  This is a Good Thing(tm), as you don't have to find
which mailbox you kept what email in.  You just have to tell each client
which mailbox you want to use.

As an aside, use evolution.  I've tried Balsa, kmail and evolution
recently, and evolution is streets ahead.  Balsa's imap support is
...flakey...  kmail is klunky, evolution just works.

Alan