Evolution (was: Re: [plug] operating multiple e-mail clients)

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 16:50:20 WST 2002

> Has anyone tried the entire ximian gnome desktop?
> From the blurb it sounds
> like it has first timers/ms converts in
> mind..."Ximian GNOME is a fully
> tested, easy-to-install version of GNOME that
> integrates simple, intuitive
> set-up tools for first time users"

I use it on my laptop, on Debian potato. It's part of
the reason I haven't upgraded to woody on this machine
yet.

It does work very well. I don't use the "simple,
intuitive set-up tools", but as a general GNOME
desktop, it certainly seems more polished (in my
experience) than anything I've tried on a standard
woody install.

My 2c.

Andrew

=====
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to anger and have not need for subtlety.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Save your important files online for easy access!