[plug] ghostview landscape weirdness

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sat May 25 01:15:47 WST 2002

Plug,

This was floating on the lca-helpers list re the LCA flyer. Can any
pluggers help?

> > Results are up at http://dagobah.ucc.asn.au/LCA/new-flyer.pdf

> Umm... Ghostview went kind of funny on it. Displayed it sideways,
> and when switched to portrait view it rotated the text but not the
> paper. Page 1 has 2 columns, page 2 has about 2.2 (most of the
> third column is cropped). What was it produced by?

OpenOffice -> print to file as ps -> ps2pdf w/ gs (AFPL) 7.04

Ghostview does the same on me, but it has always done this to me on
all landscape documents I've produced with anything. Acrobat 4.0 for
Linux reads it okay, and it prints fine from gs funnily enough.

I'd be greatful for a solution though!

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham