[plug] Samba

Kevin Shackleton kevins at wn.com.au
Sat May 25 18:22:30 WST 2002

The problem I had with joe blow access to the Samba server shares was simply
that I hadn't un-commented the line "username map = /etc/samba/smbusers" in
smb.conf, which points to the file I had carefully crafted for our users.
Doh!

I found a reference to this in some online Mandrake documentation.

Judging from the lack of response to the query, not many people use Samba.
Yet most of us admit to having a Windows machine or two on the home network.
<flamebait> What - does everyone use a more sophisticated solution like .Net
these days? </flamebait>

K.