[plug] Netscape Messenger

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Sun May 26 08:57:06 WST 2002

I have configured my e-mail account in Netscape Communicator/Messenger and I
can receive mail okay.  However, when I go to send mail, first a pop up box
wants my username and password, presumably for my ISP account, and then
after that another pop-up box asks for my "Netscape Password".  I have tired
putting in:
my ISP password
my Linux user password
my Linux root password
but nothing works and the result is that I can't send mail.  It is a pain to
have to log out and reboot into Windows to send mail so I would be obliged
for any help and suggestions in getting one of the Linux mail utilities to
work.

Many thanks

James Elliott
Ravensthorpe Computers