[plug] New list? | SLAM | AUUG | letter

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Sun May 26 14:28:38 WST 2002

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 12:07:26PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Or make another list? Keep advocacy and commerce semi-separate?

Okay, for your greater shopping convenience, we now have:

That's the advocacy one started a few weeks back, currently described
as: "Discussion of The Promotion of Open Source Software in Australia.
List started by a group of PLUG (Perth Linux Users Group) members."
I've yanked the old archives, so it's a clean slate (any old links on
the archive page will be dead)

That's the professional/commerce one, currently described as:
"Discussion space for Australian IT professionals who provide products
and services based on open source software and open systems. List
started by a group of PLUG (Perth Linux Users Group) members."

For both lists, subscription is open to all and does not require
administrator approval; but archives and member-lists are open to
subscribers only.

Use them as you like; I imagine they'll both end up defunct once
directions forward have been decided and other organisation-specific
lists have been set up (like the one Jeremy proposes under the
linux.org.au domain); but if they last longer, that's also fine by me.

Colin