[plug] Meeting, Thursday: AUUG/Linux/Open Source Professional Assn

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Mon May 27 12:17:12 WST 2002

There seems to be sufficient interest, so I'm setting up an informal
brainstorming meeting for Thursday evening

Place: Plaka, James St, Northbridge
When: 7.30pm, Thursday 30 May
Proposed Topics: Discussion of ways forward for, and pros and cons of:
- Forming an association of Linux Professionals
AND/OR:
- Reviving AUUG (WA): http://www.auug.org.au/
AND/OR
- Setting up an alternative Open-source Professionals' organisation

There's nothing official about the meeting from either the PLUG or the
AUUG perspective, it's just an opportunity to move things forward a
bit faster by getting through some real live discussion of what people
want and what, if any, problems with various approaches there may be.

Mark Baker, from AUUG, has indicated that he will be able to attend.
Others of the partially-defunct AUUG may or may not attend as well.

For the convenience of anyone who doesn't know enough of us to
recognise the group, I'll put my hair in a top-knot. If you can't come
but would like to contribute some important point in advance, please
sign up and drop your opinion into the mailing list at: