[plug] Fwd: why Largo will never revert to Windows

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue May 28 00:11:31 WST 2002

Subject: Re: [CS-FSLUG] ZDNet: Tech Update: Networking / City saves
         with Linux, thin clients
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 22:24:57 -0500
From: "Timothy R. Butler" <tbutler at uninetsolutions.com>

> NO way........I knew about the testing going on there, and it was
> "looking good!" 'Just too bad they don't use SuSE. :)

  My friend Andreas Pour (of the KDE League) went down to Largo awhile back.
 I was talking to him on the phone, and here is why Largo WILL NEVER go to
 Windows. Largo has a few computers at their libraries (I think ten or
 twenty) and they have eight MSCE's keeping 'em going. They have 800 thin
 client Linux desktops and they have exactly two part-time admins keeping
 them going. While the eight admins are ALWAYS business, Dre noted that the
 phone never rang once to the *nix admins while he was there. VERY
 IMPRESSIVE.

  -Tim

- --
Timothy R. Butler                    tbutler at uninetsolutions.com