[plug] Pdf writer for Linux

Richard wpickett at iprimus.com.au
Tue May 28 13:47:16 WST 2002

I just got a pdf file by email (an application form) and was wondering
if anybody knows of an application for Linux that can edit pdf files. I
know there are some that can save a file to pdf format, but I was
thinking more in terms of editing existing pdf documents. I know Acrobat
allows you to 'fill in' a pdf form, and I have looked at xpdf and the
ps-pdf viewer that came with Mandrake8.2, but these can't edit existing
pdf's. I have checked out freshmeat, but most of the apps there seem to
be focused on generating pdf documents from xml etc. I was just looking
for a general pdf editor.