[plug] The mouse and X

chris choypoy at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 28 18:52:24 WST 2002

Describe Psychotic behaviour from the mouse a bit more pls ;)

/dev/mouse being a symlink to /dev/psaux is perfectly normal. /dev/psaux
is the secondary ps2 controller, which is your ps2 mouse with any luck

/dev/psmouse is another one, but psaux is fairly typical of it as
well.(think they are actually the same, cant remember precisely)

my suspicion is an interrupt conflict. cat /proc/interrupt and check
what the mouse is using.. maybe something silly is taking control every
now and again.

I've had a recent run-in with a dodgy ps/2 port, but I flashed the bios
and that seemed to work for about a month before it developed a similiar
problem - which leads me to think the bios chip is a bit dodgy.

hope that helps with your problem.. ;)

Chris HoyPoy