[plug] The mouse and X

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed May 29 10:00:35 WST 2002

> Basically, no matter what option I try (PS/2 or Intellimouse) with the two
> mice I have here (a MS Intellimouse and a MS Trekker) I get pshycotic
> behaviour from the mouse.
this is an easy one :-) if it's what I think it is.

To test, try (as root) "/etc/init.d/gpm stop" then start X. Betcha your
mouse works fine. I've never been able to explain it well, but you have
two choices:

	remove gpm ("dpkg --purge gpm")

	or stuff around with x config to make X use the gpm passthrough mouse
device. I've never bothered but if you need gpm perhaps soneone here can
help.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is.