[plug] the gospel of tux [sol-dier on!]

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed May 29 10:15:36 WST 2002

>> > 3) One inquisitive teenager looking to improve his web skills is
>> > trying to get a copy of Debian.

Hmmm... I'll be fetching some recent Woody ISOs from iinet's FTP
shortly... (checks ftp) nope I won't they're dated March 3, no point.

Does anybody know of anywhere to get _up_ _to_ _date_ woody ISOs w/o
having a local mirror?

> THATS ME!

And given that you've just subscribed to PLUG, you'll probably find
yourself plunging head on into the task. After all you'll need learn how
to write some procmail filters to sort your plug mail into a separate
mailbox - to retain your sanity. There can be a fair bit of traffic on
the list.

Oh, procmail is a handy mail delivery agent with powerful filterin gand
blocking capabilities.

Of course there's always my favourite solution - IMAP. Let the recieving
server do the work - great when you're on dialup and a bunch of mailing
lists.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is.