[plug] Scams apparently live on after arrests

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed May 29 11:45:16 WST 2002

This one from early this morning:

Subject: URGENT COOPERATION
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 02:38:23 +0200
From: "Sanni  Kumani" <sannikumani at rediffmail.com>
To: newsone at leon.brooks.fdns.net

Dear Friend,

Compliment of the season to you. [-: only one? cheapskate! :-]

Firstly, I will start by introducing myself to you. I am Sanni
Kumani. I am one of the accounting auditors working with the UNION
BANK NIGERIA PLC here in Nigeria. [working with? well, I guess
scamming the bank (if it exists) is `working with' it] Without any
further wasting of time, I want to be brief and precise to the point.
[jolly good. why this sentence then?]

At the end of last quarter after all expenditures, the Bank had
excess ballance of US$6.19M Dollars which is only knowned to me
and some other collegue in the commitee .

As one of the member of this commitee i have been deligated by
my colleague's to look for a foreign partner whose account we can
use in transfering this funds. We have been able to ballance the
statement of account without any suspicion which has officially
been garzetted into last quarter's report. [sp? ovbiously well
educated, not]

The problem is that we cannot bank this money in Nigeria, neither
can we use our accounts in transfering this funds abroad. [great
bank, isn't it?] That is why we solicite your assistance in
transfering this funds abroad. We intend to use our share of the
funds in importing goods from your country. [specifically: bales
of money, but we didn't want to scare you by mentioning that]

Finally, the only thing it will cost you is opening a foreign
domicillary account in your name with my bank here with a token
amount. This can be done with the help of one of the Banks
recognised attorney.Details will be given as soon as i hear from
you.

I advice that you send your private tel/fax number for effective
communication.

await your response.

Your's Sincerely,

Sanni Kumani.