[plug] The mouse and X

Andre Thomas andre.thomas at switch.aust.com
Wed May 29 12:08:58 WST 2002

Hi,

Thanks all that answered my email.  The solution turned out to be a
combination of manually editing /etc/X11/XF86config (Thanks Robert) to have the correct Input Device protocol entered unlike
what xf86config added and actually installing gpm (thanks all that suggested
removing/stopping it..the opposite did the trick).

Now that I am in a GUI, all I ask for is to not be intimidated by large,
chunky graphics.  I thought that Ctrl-Alt-+ changes the resolution but it
doesnt.  I even tried removing all resolution options except for anything
that is greater than 640x480 with no luck.  Colour depth and the rest all
change; resolutioin seems to be stubbornly fixed.

Is there another way of blocking resolutions and/or forcing specific
resolutions without using the configuration tool?

Cheers,

-André